My name is Jennifer Snow and I am this year’s new president of the RES PTO. Natasha Murray is our vice president, Jeny Purvee is our treasurer, Debora George is our secretary and Sarah Soltsov is our communications liaison.
We are excited to work with RES staff, parents and the Richmond community as a whole this year. Our main focus is fundraising and that requires a lot of time, volunteers and donations. We would love to have more parents involved, even if it’s just for specific projects that pique your interests.
Our next meeting is a virtual one on Thursday, October 14th at 8pm. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to get on (or off) our server list for updates on upcoming fundraisers, meetings, etc.
We look forward to working with all of you!
The RES PTO will be hosting a voluntary donation fundraiser near the concession stand at Volunteers Green Park in Richmond for the remaining Saturdays of soccer and baseball season (9/25-10/16) from 10:00AM to 2:00PM. Beverages and snacks will be available. Acceptable forms of donations are cash and venmo.
The mission of the RES PTO is to enhance and support the educational experience at RES, develop a closer connection between school and home by encouraging parent involvement and improve the environment at RES through volunteer and financial support.
In the past, PTO funding has gone towards such items as:
- Welcome back RES employees breakfast each August
- Holiday gifts for all RES staff
- Pizza and salad luncheon during Employee Appreciation Week each May
- Special events, supplies and treats during the pandemic to boost morale
- Artists in residence to enhance student learning experiences
- Author visits and book purchases of their works for classrooms and the library
- Sandboxes, sand and sand toys
- Playground balls
- Free family movie nights with popcorn and lemonade
- Outdoor classrooms, roofs and supplies
- Classroom supplies
- Special classroom or grade level projects and events
Thank you for your continued support!